Boston Immigration Lawyer
- 1 Immigration Lawyer Boston, MA
- 2 Immigration Lawyers in Massachusetts
- 3 Adoption Immigration Law Firm
- 4 Boston, MA Immigration Attorney Reviews
- 5 Find Boston Immigration Lawyer Near Me
- 6 Immigration Law Firm FAQ
Immigration Lawyer Boston, MA
Working with an experienced Boston immigration lawyer is important not just because an experienced lawyer understands immigration law but also knows how to get results. You need results especially when your right to work and live in this country is under threat.
An Immigration lawyer with extensive legal knowledge can help you as an individual and your family.
Boston Immigration Attorney Cost
The best way to find out how much your case may cost, is to call our office immediately to speak to an attorney. Of course every case will be different, but in terms of cost, there are two main areas of concern.
Attorney Fees & Filing Fees
The two main fees associated with an immigration case are the attorney fees (what you pay an attorney for his or her legal work on your case) and the filing fee (what you pay to the government to actually file your application).
USCIS funds itself through filing fees so just about everything requires a separate filing fee. If a case is sent to the National Visa Center for Consular Processing, there is an additional fee to open the matter there.
There can also be additional fees associated with obtaining certified copies of civil documents from your home country and obtaining certified translations of them (as is often required by USCIS).
Immigration Lawyers in Massachusetts
You should consult an immigration lawyer in Boston if you face the any of the following practice areas:
- Student Visas: A Visa issued to foreign nationals that come to the United States to study.
- Citizenship: Foreign nationals can apply to become naturalized citizens if they have had their Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) for at least 3 years.
- Deportation defense: An immigration lawyer can advocate for you if you are facing deportation from the United States.
- Fiancé Visa: A U.S. citizen can file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, so that their fiancé can come to the United States in order to get married within 90 days.
- Family-based immigration: A US citizen can sponsor a non-citizen close relative to get an immigrant Visa.
- Business immigration: You can legally immigrate to the USA to start a business or invest through an Investor Visa.
- Employment Visas: This is a Visa given to persons that seek to enter the United States to temporarily work for a specific period of time.
- Green card: A Green Card allows you to become a permanent resident in the United States and makes it easier for you to become a full citizen.
- Immigration appeals: If a USCIS decision does not favor you, your lawyer can help you file an appeal.
- Removal proceedings: These are administrative proceedings carried out in Immigration Court to help determine whether a person should be deported or not.
- Permanent residency: If you have a Green Card, you are considered to have the permanent resident status.
- The truth is we can help you with just about any legal issue in the immigration law space. Give us a call today.
Adoption Immigration Law Firm
Adoption by US non-immigrant visa holders does not automatically convey citizenship to their adopted child. For American citizens, adopting a foreign child can be a complex process that takes around 1 to 4 years. There is a lot of paperwork involved and there are also petitions that have to be filed. An immigration lawyer can advise you on what you need to do before you start your child adoption process.
Boston, MA Immigration Attorney Reviews
I could not be more pleased by my experience with Brooks Law. Throughout the entire process, they’ve been extraordinarily responsive, very knowledgeable, and have been willing to go above and beyond to make sure that I understand each step we are taking in our immigration matter. Their attention to detail is impressive, as is their patience and in-depth expertise. I would give anybody who needs an attorney my unqualified recommendation to use Brooks Law. They’re extremely good value for money as well.
Handled citizenship case in 2020. From start to finish they held my hand through the entire process. Took me about 4 months to get citizenship and would’ve been quicker had Covid not happened. Highly recommended.
Find Boston Immigration Lawyer Near Me
When you are looking for a Boston immigration lawyer, do the following:
- You need to determine what immigration legal issues you need resolved
- Use the Massachusetts Bar website to find potential immigration lawyers
- Read reviews of various Boston immigration lawyers on sites such as Avvo
- Use Google search
- Make sure that the attorney fees are reasonable before you consider hiring a lawyer
- Ask family and friends to recommend a lawyer
There is no shortage of resources in Boston that can help you find a lawyer that has experience dealing with immigration issues similar to yours.
Immigration Law Firm FAQ
How much does it cost to hire an immigration lawyer?
Cost typically varies depending on the complexity of your case. Many of our clients find our affordable immigration lawyer services to be quite helpful. If you would like an accurate estimate of your immigration attorney cost & fees, then you should call our office immediately to speak to an attorney for a quick consult.
Who is the best Boston Immigration Lawyer?
Many State Bar Associations frown on the practice of attorneys advertising themselves as the best lawyer in comparison to other attorneys. Brooks Law, P.C. has many online reviews, some included on this page, speaking to the 5-Star experience of our past clients. You can read some of our 5-Star reviews on this page.
Can you help me get my Green Card?
Brooks Law Firm has helped many Clients with the Green Card process. Our immigration department can help with all manner of immigration law issues. If you have a question regarding any immigration law topic, then you should call our office immediately to speak to an attorney.