Frequently Asked Questions
Common Inquiries Regarding Workers' Compensation & SSD Benefits
Since 2013, we at Brooks Law have been representing injured workers throughout Medford, MA. We have noticed that many of our clients have similar concerns and questions. To better assist our clients, especially at the start, a Medford lawyer from our firm created this page of commonly asked questions.
If you have more questions for our legal team, please donnot hesitate to give us a call as soon as possible. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about your current situation. Get your free case consultation today.
- I've been injured at work. What should I do next?If you have been injured while working, you need to immediately notify your employer, either in person or in writing. After being notified, your employer must file the "Employer's First Report of Injury or Fatality - Form 101" within seven calendar days. It is also a good idea to hire a reputable law firm in order to help you navigate the rest of the workers' compensation process.
- What happens if my Social Security Disability (SSD) application is denied?In the event your SSD application is denied, we are ready to go back to the drawing board. We will assist you in appealing the decision and gathering supporting evidence or documentation of your disability. We realize how disheartening it can be to have your benefits denied. We will remain at your side as we seek to obtain a positive outcome.
- When can I expect to receive SSD benefits?Typically, SSD benefits don't start until the sixth full month after disability has been reached. This is why it is so crucial that you apply for benefits as quickly as possible. Filing with the help of our firm can help you avoid unnecessary delays or common errors.
- What are your legal fees?All of our fees are contingency-based. This means we don't accept legal fees until after we have won a case. Why do we do this? Because we realize that the individuals we represent often cannot afford legal representation because of the financial strain they are under. We believe everyone should have access to the highest quality representation, regardless of your financial situation.
- Why should I entrust my case to your firm?We bring extensive experience to the table. Attorney Arinda Brooks is passionate and well-versed in workers' compensation, SSD and personal injury claims. As our client, you have will have direct access to our legal team. We place the needs of our clients first and foremost. We are even willing to come to you if you live in Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont, if your injuries prevent you from coming to us. We also offer Spanish and Portuguese speaking services.