Framingham Car Accident Attorney
Many people will be involved in a car accident at some point in their life, and some may be involved in a crash that results in serious injuries or death.
At Brooks Law, our Framingham car accident lawyers have spent years representing victims of serious motor vehicle crashes. We are injury lawyers you can trust for quality service and quantifiable results.
Our attorneys are here to help you if you have suffered a severe injury in a crash or lost a loved one in an accident in Framingham or surrounding areas. Contact us now for a free consultation to find out how we can help.
How Our Framingham Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Our lawyers will work hard to improve the chances that you recover maximum compensation for all your losses. As a law firm with years of experience and the resources to dedicate ourselves fully to your case, you can count on your claim being a top priority for our firm.
When you hire our team, we are prepared to help you by:
- Investigating your case. Before you can make a claim for damages after a car accident, you need to know exactly caused your accident and who is liable for your damages. In addition to reviewing police reports, photographs of the accident, witnesses’ statements, and other types of evidence, our lawyers may also consult with experts, such as accident reconstructionists, to build your claim and provide insight into what really happened.
- Calculating your damages. Once we determine who caused the crash, we can start calculating how much your case is worth. This often requires the assistance of various experts and professionals, ranging from medical experts to financial experts and more. We will add up the full extent of your damages and determine what your claim is worth based on the value of your past, present, and future losses.
- Handling all paperwork and legal processes. When you hire our law firm, you can focus on your recovery and getting back to your life. We’ll handle all of the paperwork and legal elements associated with your claim, ranging from insurance forms to organizing medical bills and more. Throughout the process, we will keep you apprised and in the know.
- Issuing a demand letter. Once you have reached maximum medical improvement (MMI) – the point at which you’ve healed to the fullest extent possible – our lawyers will issue a demand letter to the appropriate insurance company requesting compensation for your injuries.
- Negotiating and reviewing any settlement offers. After a demand letter has been issued, the insurance company may counter by offering a settlement. This settlement will likely be for less than what we have asked. We will review any settlement offer made by an insurance company, advise you of whether we believe you should accept it, and negotiate for a better offer if it does not fully compensate you for harm you’ve suffered.
- File a lawsuit. While we always attempt to settle claims out of court in order to make it easier on your and reduce the amount of time that you have to dedicate to the process, in the event that a settlement seems impossible, we can discuss the possibility of litigation. If need be, we will be fully prepared to file a lawsuit on your behalf and aggressively litigate your case in court.
Compensation in a Framingham Car Accident Claim
The type of compensation that you may seek in a car accident claim depends, in large part, on the extent of your injuries.
Massachusetts law precludes claimants from pursuing pain and suffering damages from the at-fault party after an accident unless the claimant has suffered injuries that can be classified as “serious.” If injuries are not serious, claimants will file a claim with their own insurance company’s no-fault coverage.
In the event that a victim is permitted to step outside of the no-fault system due to the seriousness of their injuries, they can seek compensation for the full extent of their medical expenses, property damage expenses, lost wages, and noneconomic losses, such as pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Injury Claim
All personal injury claims, including car accident claims, are limited by the three-year statute of limitations in Massachusetts. This means that you have three years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. Missing this deadline means you will be unable to pursue compensation unless a very narrow exception applies.
We recommend starting the process as soon as possible so that an expired statute of limitations is never a worry. Contacting our attorneys sooner also helps us build a stronger case for you because we may be able to secure evidence and witness testimony that may fade over time.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident in Framingham
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Framingham, there are a few important steps that you should take to preserve your right to recovery. These include:
- Seeking medical care, including emergency treatment if necessary and a timely doctor’s examination if not
- Filing a police report
- Gathering evidence and the scene, including the contact information of the other drivers involved in the accident and anyone who witnessed it
- Following your doctor’s orders
- Providing your insurer with notice of the accident as soon as possible (within 24 hours is best)
- Calling a lawyer with questions you have about recovering damages
What You Need to Know About Dealing with Insurance Companies
One big mistake that car accident victims often make in the days and months following a car crash is assuming that the insurance adjuster assigned to their case is working for them. This could not be further from the truth. Car accident insurance adjusters are tasked with saving the insurance company money, which means finding ways to reduce the value of your claim.
Do not trust the insurance adjuster. This means that you should be careful about what you say, never sign anything without having it reviewed by a lawyer first, and never give a recorded statement.
Stay off of social media, and set your profile to private to avoid an insurance adjuster trying to view your information online. Social media evidence can be used against you in a claim. It is best to have an attorney represent you in all interactions with an insurance company.
Talk to a Framingham Car Accident Lawyer Now
Being in a car crash can be terrifying, especially if the collision is severe enough to cause life-changing injuries. While you may feel alone and confused about the future, we want you to know that our Framingham car accident lawyers are here to support you.
Reach out to us today for a free consultation to learn more about what steps to take next.