Medford Personal Injury Attorney
Being involved in an accident that results in serious injuries is understandably a terrifying experience. Even if you survive the accident, it could be at a high cost.
A serious injury may prevent you from working, may result in major medical expenses, may change your quality of life, and may overall shape your future in a way that is completely different from what you planned.
At Brooks Law, our Medford personal injury lawyers are here to offer you legal support and guidance if you’re involved in an accident that results in an injury. If someone else was at fault for the accident, you may be entitled to significant compensation to cover the costs and help you build a brighter future.
Contact our Medford law office today to learn how we can help. The consultation is free and comes with no obligations.
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is a type of a civil lawsuit that is brought when the negligence of one party leads to the injury of someone else. You cannot file a personal injury lawsuit merely because you have suffered an injury. Instead, this type of suit is only appropriate when you have evidence to prove that:
- A defendant owed you a duty of care,
- The defendant acted negligently, breaching the duty of care owed to you,
- The breach of the duty of care was the proximate cause of your injuries,
- You have suffered actual damages as a result of the accident.
By filing a personal injury claim and proving the above elements, you can hold the at-fault party liable for the full extent of damages you have suffered. This can be very important for people who have suffered serious economic losses. Filing a personal injury claim may be the only way to recover compensation for losses following an accident and injury.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Firm Handles in Medford
Our law firm is dedicated to providing quality legal representation for our clients, and helping people who have suffered an injury due to an accident that was someone else’s fault.
Over our years of service, we have helped people who have been harmed in numerous different types of accidents pursue the compensation they deserve. We take pride in providing quality service in pursuit of quantifiable results.
Common types of personal injury claims our law firm handles include:
- Motor vehicle accidents. Motor vehicle accidents, including large truck and commercial vehicle accidents, are a leading cause of serious injury and death in Medford and throughout Massachusetts. Many of our personal injury cases involve holding an at-fault driver liable for damages suffered by a client of ours and negotiating with car insurance companies for a fair settlement.
- Premises liability. When someone is harmed on someone else’s property, the injured person may be able to pursue a claim for damages against the property owner if the owner failed to fix a known hazard on the property, and this was the cause of the accident. Drowning or near-drowning incidents, slips, trips, and falls, injuries to children, and more are all common types of premises liability claims.
- Defective products. As a consumer, you have an expectation that a product will serve you well and not cause you harm. When a product has a design or manufacturing defect, though, harm is exactly what may happen to an unsuspecting consumer. If you have been injured as a result of a defective product, we can help you seek to hold the responsible party liable.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents. Bicyclists and pedestrians have few protections to keep them free from injury in the event that they are struck by a motor vehicle. Our lawyers will be here to build your case, calculate your damages, and negotiate on your behalf if a driver’s wrongful actions have hurt you while you were walking or riding a bike.
- Wrongful death. Sometimes, negligence doesn’t just lead to serious injuries, but to death. If the wrongful actions of someone else have caused the death of a close relative, you and your family may be entitled to bring a wrongful death claim to seek damages.
If you have been harmed in another type of accident, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for a free consultation where you can learn more about whether you have a case and how we can help.
Compensation in a Medford Personal Injury Case
Our lawyers are ready to work hard to seek the full amount of money that you need to compensate you for all of the losses that you have suffered as a result of your accident and injuries.
This may include compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Any future healthcare or medical costs related to your injury
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity and loss of benefits you would have earned over the course of your working years
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- The value of property expenses related to your injury (for example, the value of your totaled vehicle)
- Any other related economic or non-economic losses you have suffered
Statute of Limitations on Injury Claims
While it can be challenging to even think about filing a personal injury claim when you are in severe amounts of pain, facing disability, and coping with financial stress after an accident, you do not have an unlimited amount of time to file your claim.
A statute of limitations requires an injured person to file their suit within three years from the date of their accident. If you don’t file your case within the three-year time limit, you will be permanently barred from seeking compensation unless a very narrow exception applies.
How Our Medford Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
Our Medford personal injury lawyers are here to help you if you have suffered injuries due to someone else’s carelessness or wrongdoing. We know how frustrating and demoralizing it is to live with a serious injury, financial hardship, and disability, especially if you’ve been offered less than you deserve by an insurance company.
When you call our lawyers, we will provide you with free legal advice, and, if you decide to hire us, we’ll work on your case on a contingency fee basis. That means you don’t pay us any fees unless and until we secure compensation for you.
Call us today to schedule your free case review.