Massachusettes' Personal Injury Lawyers – (888) 558-0622
Drivers injured in truck accidents that were not their fault often have a steep legal hill to climb when pursuing compensation due to complications that can be common of such collisions. Let Brooks Law and our Massachusettes truck accident attorneys do all the legwork for you by retaining our legal services today. You can start learning about how to file a claim, gather evidence, and stick up for your rights as a wrongfully injured party with a free consultation with our team. If you have been too injured to leave your home or hospital room, we are more than willing to come meet you where convenient!
Liability in Truck Accidents
The average truck accident claim can be significantly more intricate than the average car accident claim due to the fact that liability for the collision might not be immediately clear and may likely not rest on just one negligent party. In order to improve the chances of your claim reaching a successful case result, you need to know who is truly responsible for your accident. Since this is often a difficult process laden with the liability laws of Massachusetts, we highly recommend you recruit the services of our Massachusettes injury lawyers first.
Parties that could be liable for your trucking accident may include:
- Trucker: It would be unusual for a truck accident to not have any liability to be placed on the truck driver since he or she is ultimately responsible for the safe handling of the vehicle.
- Trucking company: The parent company that employs the trucker could be liable if it has been scheduling them unreasonable hours that cause trucker exhaustion. Truck accident claims can be countered by a team of defense attorneys on retainer by the trucking company. You must be able to meet their legal might, knowledge, and influence with a strong authoritative law firm of your own, like Brooks Law.
- Maintenance team: Big rigs, 18-wheelers, and the like need near-constant maintenance to be safe for use on public roads. If a maintenance crew contracted by the trucking company does not perform adequate work, it could lead to a parts failure that causes a crash.
- Load crews: Tractor trailers can tip over if the freight loaded within it is stacked improperly or overloaded. Truck accidents caused in this way could put partial liability on any crew that failed to load the trailer responsibly.
Compensation for Trucking Accident Injuries
Due to the sheer size and weight of commercial trucks, it is common for a trucking accident to result in catastrophic or extensive injury. Passengers and drivers in smaller vehicles may suffer broken bones, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal cord damage, paralysis, amputation, permanent disfigurement, and other severe harm. Any compensation rewarded to them through a settlement or verdict needs to be thorough, maximized, and take into account current and future damages, even if those extend years ahead.
Our Massachusettes personal injury lawyers will want to see you totally compensated for:
- Medical costs
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Lost wages
- Vehicle repair
- Emotional trauma
- Lessened enjoyment of life
Right Now is the Right Time to Take Action
Hesitation does not benefit the plaintiff in truck accident cases. The negligent, liable party will have most likely already begun building a case to defend themselves and push liability onto you. Keep pace with their efforts and even get a few steps ahead by retaining the services of Brooks Law and our highly-rated, highly-experienced Massachusettes truck accident attorneys.