top of page
  • facebook_icon
  • instagram_icon
  • youtube_icon

Contact Us At 617-765-1793 Today.

We Offer 100% Free Consultations For All

Personal Injury And Disability Matters.

Fill In A Form Below


G 2 Visa

G4 Visa Diplomatic Immunity

Diplomatic Visa

You may qualify for an A visa if you are a foreign diplomat, government employee, official or their immediate family member. The type of A visa you qualify for depends on the position you hold in your foreign government. Types of A visas include:

  1. A-1: Given to public ministers, ambassadors and career consular officers or diplomats

  2. A-2: Are visas available to full time employees of a government including people working in a foreign embassy or consulate in the United States.

  3. A-3: For personal employees, attendants, servants and employees of people holding the A-1 or A-2 visas.

People working at international organizations in the United States and their family members are eligible for G-visas. If you want to get an A visa or learn more about a diplomatic visa, talk to an experienced immigration lawyer.

Applying For A-1 And A-2 Visas

A2 Visa

The whole application process will be conducted at the U.S. consulate in the country you reside in. The application steps are:

  1. Online visa application: You need to fill Form DS-160 but if you are reapplying for an A-1 or A-2 visa, you need to use form DS-1648. Print the form confirmation page and submit it. Ensure you upload your photo that was taken in the past six months as you complete Form D-160.

  2. Deliver required documentation: required documents include your passport, photo, printed D-160 confirmation page, and diplomatic note. You must submit these documents to the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country.

People Who Qualify for A-2 Visa

A-2 Visa To Green Card

The following are people that qualify for A-2 visas:

  1. Foreign military members that have been assigned to U.S. military bases, embassy or foreign consulate

  2. Immediate family members of A-2 visa holder

  3. Officials and employees of foreign governments that have been sent to the U.S by their governments to perform certain duties on behalf of their foreign governments

What About Your Family Members

A-2 Visa Change Of Status

Your spouse or immediate family member can qualify to work in the United States if you hold A-1, A-2, or G visas. To get permission to work here, they need to apply for work status. But immediate family members will have to apply for visas separate from you. They will go through a similar visa application process.

Your immediate family members include your spouse and unmarried children who are members of your household. People who reside regularly in your household and are not members of another household can also be considered as your immediate family members.

Other family members that may receive an A visa include:

  1. Any other relative, by blood, marriage, adoption, of you or your spouse

  2. A domestic partner

  3. A relative by blood, marriage, or adoption of the domestic partner

Cost of Visa And Processing Time

G-1 Visa To Green Card

There are no fees for applying for an A-2 visa. This is a big deal because you get to save a lot of money that you can use for other stuff. The approval for the A-2 visa may happen on the same day of application or after 24 hours. But an A-2 visa is only valid for 5 years after which you may need to renew it.

You May Also Be Interested In…


bottom of page